This property consists of four buildings including the historic Sompayrec General Store (pronounced SUMP-rack.) The store building was completed and opened for business in 1815 providing general merchandise and farm equipment to the area residents. The store was operated continuously for 169 years by the same family until it closed in 1984. Since its closing the store and contents sat undisturbed for almost 30 years until the Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation set it sights on preserving the store and adjacent structures. Approximate building sizes are for Sompayrac Store is 2275 sf. The doctors office building is 625 sf. The small lap sided storage building is 250 sf., and the large storage building is 1140 sf.
The Trust is looking for a buyer who is serious about restoring the property and who will promote the operation of, or leasing to a commercial enterprise. A copy of the protective Easement is available upon request. Call or click for more info.