Red Doe Plantation, 1132 Francis Marion Road, Florence SC
The Red Doe Plantation house was built circa 1846 by Evander A. Gregg after his father John Gregg gave him the 1005 acre plantation. The home is built in the raised cottage style and is now situated on 2.95 acres. Both the home and grounds are in need of restoration. The current owner is the Palmetto Trust for Historic Preservation and the Trust is looking for a buyer who recognizes this rare find and who has a bonafide interest in restoring the property back to its former glory.
The grounds consist of several outbuildings and feature many traditional southern plantings. The home has heart pine flooring and the original moldings, doors and mantel pieces are still in place. The roof was installed in 2007 and structural repairs were completed after that. The home still needs renovations but this property's beauty and location help make any investment in the property more secure and sound. The home is located in Florence, South Carolina and is about 1.5 miles south of Francis Marion University. Florence is centrally located making the beaches, mountains, and the historic cities of Georgetown, Charleston and Savannah all only within a few hours drive. For more history on Red Doe Plantation follow the links below.